Monday, April 25, 2011

Against His-Story, Against Leviathan

Much of the contemporary anarcho-primitivist milieu owes its existence to Fredy Perlman.
A devout anarchist who escaped the Holocaust, waded through the workerist-productionist notions of anarchism to become a voice against the father of the State: civilization itself. Along with the post-left anarchists and far-left communists like Jacques Camatte, Perlman overturned traditional notions of power, revolution, the left's embrace of production, the spiritual crushing of the civilizing process, the innate destructiveness of modernity on our earth, and the lineage of opposition to civilization from its inception.
His life was cut short in 1985, but he's left behind a legacy filled with inspiration, devotion and a sense of emotion that has hardly been replicated since his demise.
Against His-Story, Against Leviathan is his masterpiece. A history of civilization told through its dissidents in an oral fashion. It's a scathing critique of civilization and one of the most powerful texts ever written.
I'm no fan of reading shit online. I have copies of the book, but too far behind on mail order to post it up for sale till I get a system figured out for getting packages out the door faster. Pick up a copy of the book. If you can hack online reading, the link below is for the entire book.
I can't recommend this enough.

Against His-Story, Against Leviathan

1 comment:

  1. That book has shaped my thinking more than any other. I've read it probably a dozen times, and I get something more from it every time. Fredy was and continues to be an inspiration to me, and I share your recommendation for this book.

    ReplyDelete